The Graven Hill Development Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cherwell District Council, pioneering an innovative solution to housing through creating the largest opportunity in the UK for people who want to build their own homes.
Set within Oxfordshire, we are the UK’s first large-scale self-build housing development with the ability to accommodate 1,900 self-build homes as well as state-of-the-art commercial space delivering the creation of jobs and inward investment and growth in the local economy.
To help realise our ambitions in delivering this nationally-recognised groundbreaking housing project, we are looking to speak to people with a background of success in property development and / or urban renewal and regeneration.
MANAGING DIRECTOR – Graven Hill Village Development Company
Six figure salary plus executive package
A skilled managing director is required to lead a pioneering, nationally-acclaimed large-scale self and custom-build housing development scheme in Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Cherwell District Council has acquired a 187 hectare site from the Ministry of Defence that will accommodate up to 1,900 self and custom-build homes, a primary school, state-of-the-art commercial space and offices as well as community, retail, leisure facilities and parks, woodland and open spaces.
This ground-breaking development will ultimately create up to 2,000 jobs and apprenticeships, resulting in significant inward investment and growth for the local economy.
As we consolidate the program, we now seek an experienced managing director with strong leadership skills to take the initiative forward.
- Provide strategic guidance and direction to the Board;
- Define, develop and implement the visions, strategy and focus for the business;
- Lead the Company to achieve maximum operational performance;
- Ensure targets relating to development of the site are met;
- Provide inspirational leadership; develop and manage people and resources; and
- External ambassador; working with communities, partners, stakeholders, investors and the media.
- Track record of leading the development and delivery of a growing business within a commercially-focussed environment;
- Demonstrable experience in leading mixed-use regeneration or development schemes;
- Proven ability to operate at a strategic level, growing, developing and managing a team whilst driving performance; and
- Sufficient gravitas to inspire colleagues, partners and stakeholders and effectively represent the Company in the public domain.
Further information on this exciting and innovative development can be found at gravenhill.co.uk
Queries should be directed to Siobhan Woodward 01295 221758 or email Siobhan.Woodward@cherwell-dc.gov.uk
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 7 April 2017
Interview date: Tuesday 2 May 2017
Receptionist / Team Assistant
Up to £21k p.a. doe
Monday to Friday – 37.5hrs per week – 9am to 5pm
An exciting opportunity has become available at the Graven Hill Village Development Company; we are recruiting for a receptionist for our brand new ‘plot shop’ office in Bicester’s up-and-coming Pioneer Square. It’s a fantastic time to join the company as we launch the next phase of sales from our new town centre location.
Who are we?
Graven Hill is one of the most ambitious housing projects in the UK, creating an opportunity to build homes, a new community and village centre. It’s all about self-build and custom-build homes which are designed to suit the individual needs of the customer. The Graven Hill Village Development Company is a small but beautifully formed company established to deliver this new and exciting concept.
Who are we looking for?
We are a growing company and are seeking experienced talent to join our team. The successful candidate will be professional, well organised and have good interpersonal skills. They will be immaculately presented, a multitasker and well spoken, with previous receptionist experience or a similar background in a fast-paced customer service oriented position. This person will be a positive, helpful addition to the team, eager to undertake a variety of tasks, provide crucial support to the business’ front and back office and to offer a warm and professional welcome to clients. There will be fluctuation in the rate of visitors to reception therefore in less busy periods the receptionist will also provide administrative support to the team.
This is the ideal role for a well-organised, confident candidate who is professional in communicating on all levels and with a structured approach to time management.
The receptionist’s role will include:
- Meeting and greeting clients and visitors in a friendly and highly competent manner, ensuring that visitors are looked after and Graven Hill is well represented at all times.
- Handling phone calls, queries, and relaying messages.
- Handling incoming and outgoing post and deliveries.
- Managing meeting room bookings.
- Ensuring the reception area is tidy and well-presented.
- Ordering and maintaining office supplies.
- Support to events planning and marketing campaigns
- Good knowledge of Word (including mail merge), Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
The Graven Hill development represents a project unlike any other in the UK. It encompasses the country’s largest self/custom build scheme and will make history as the first scheme of its kind within the UK becoming a benchmark by which all future developments will be measured.
So, if you’re a people person and want to be a key part of this project, please send your CV to: Bryony.Harrington@gravenhill.co.uk